Sunday, November 16, 2008

Moving

 

She came slashing down Hollywood with those green eyes through the grey grit dust that the tourists kick up and I was a mess immediately.  Thinking about that girl on the Triumph that I met at the Arclight and the chances I’ve missed and the chances I’ve taken and the pain that I’ve caused and the hearts I’ve watched breaking as I stood there in silence on the shoulder or rode on through the night regardless of the rain.  And I think now as the years add up of the women I’ve left waiting and the keepers in there and the way that that’s shaped me and the man that that’s made me and I’ve gotten older and I’ve had to make some changes and I’m spending more time living in the present and trying to get to heaven but it’s still all that I can do just to try to keep tomorrow from bleeding all over today.

 

                                                                                                -MJ Brown

                                                                                                (11/16/07)

No comments: