Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Felony Blues


I just spent six days in the county slam

Because a cop had to ask me who the hell I am.

I gave him the “why” and “what for,”

And I woke up bleedin’ on the drunk tank floor.

 

I got the felony blues, and the bondsman’s on his way (2X).

 

I got out, after I posted bail,

And I sure don’t want to go back to that fuckin’ jail

Find me a girl that wants to squeeze me tight.

Six long, hard days – I’m gonna treat her right.

 

I got the felony blues, and the bondsman wants his pay (2X).

 

I went down to the courthouse high.

I took one last look up at the clear, blue sky.

I said “Your Honor, I swear, I thought this country was free,”

Man, and that judge really threw the book at me.

 

I got the felony blues, and the pen’s where I’m gonna stay (2X).

 

 

Lyrics by M.J. Brown.  Winter 2003/4.

No comments: